Thursday, May 10, 2018

Jacob's Epiphany

"Why does he have to leave the 99?" Jake asked me in the van.  That particular phrase is in a popular worship song right now that we played the last night of Kid's Club.  I reminded him of the parable of the lost sheep, and how the shepherd left his 99 sheep to go in search of his lost 1. 

Jakey thought for a moment and said, "So if I get lost, Jesus will come find me."  Exactly!  (Although I hope he doesn't go and get lost on purpose just to experiment with it...)

The fact the Jesus is willing to go in search of just the 1 is especially encouraging to me on nights when the kids and families who come to Akina have a hard time.  It helps me to know we can't give up.  Jesus won't.  It helps me to remember that it is worth it, they are worth it, and I am worth it!  So are you!

We have lots of fun stuff in store for Akina kids and families this summer, including a fundraising/ celebratory dinner on Friday, June 1 at 7 pm.  We would love for you to come and here about the ministry.  RSVP to 989-708--0737!

No comments:

Post a Comment