Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Encouragement

I was in serious need of encouragement last week as we are powering through what I affectionately refer to as the"dark days" of January.  It is cold, things seem drab, etc!  It was Kid's Club night and I was teaching about Mephibosheth being adopted into David's family.  I was running low on creativity, which is not a good thing if you want a room full of at risk youth to listen to you.  So I prayed.

As I prayed I was reminded again that God builds the house and establishes to works of our hands, when we follow his lead and walk according to what the Bible says.  I decided to rely on story telling, what I feel most comfortable with, to relay the message.

So I told the story, with my typical cheesy flair, and to be honest, I didn't feel too impressed with myself.  Then I noticed the kiddos were completely silent, hanging on every word.  Not me though.  Obviously this was God!  I shared about how God wanted them in his family, and even gave a group invitation to be a part of God's family.  The kids listened and responded.  Only God could do this.

So if you are feeling discouraged today, remember- God establishes the works of your hands!  If you feel completely inadequate for the job to which you are called, God will build your house when you work according to his will.  He is faithful!  Please continue to pray for us and the Akina kids as they become a part of the family of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment