Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Restored!

I was extremely blessed by our Akina Kids Camps in Wisconsin this year.  I had the privilege of teaching the girls camp, and Dan was able to teach the boys.  One of my favorite things we did was a throw back to my Ft. Myers Master's Commission Days.  We talked about the woman who poured her perfume at the feet of Jesus.  This story alone is super powerful considering where some of the kids come from.  They deal with shame on a level I may never know.  Then, we gave them time in small groups to write down all of their pain, shame, and sin on  post-it notes which they  placed in small, cardboard boxes.  At the last lesson, as the students were given the opportunity to accept Christ, they were able to burn their boxes.  This was a way to symbolically offer their brokenness to Christ, and joyfully embrace the start of a new life!

I was amazed how much the kids wrote things down, and opened up about their lives.  God was so faithful, and when the time came to burn their boxes, it was a thoughtful and anointed time.  I am so excited to see how the Lord will continue his healing work through Akina Kids club this year.  What a blessing we have to remain in the community and keep telling these world changing kiddos about the love of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment