Monday, March 16, 2020

My Favorite Things (and ways YOU can help😉)

I'm sure most people know the classic song from The Sound of Music.  The chorus states: "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!"

That's actually kind of Biblical, although in times like these, Psalm 77 counsels us to think back on the great things God has done and be encouraged.

Check it out.  Psalm 77: 10- 12 says: "And I said, 'This is my fate:  the Most High has turned his hand against me. But then I recall all you have done, O Lord  I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts.  I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works." (The whole Psalm is pretty great.  You should read it.)

As we are quite disappointed that Akina might not be meeting for a few weeks, I'm posting several of my favorite "Akina things." These are pictures that are reminders of the fun and good God has accomplished in the past.  They are reminding me that he is not finished yet.  There is much more in store😀.

Also, we can SERVE the community in this time.  Keep your eyes peeled for small group, low exposure service opportunities happening in the next few weeks, including food service to doors of families, prepping meal bags, cleaning at Akina, etc.  This is the time servants of Christ can shine for Him!

PLUS- Save the date of May 15, at 7:00 for an amazing dinner and a chance to hear how YOU can help at Akina.  Looking forward to it😁!






Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment