Monday, March 23, 2020

Be Still and Know that He is God

"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act." Psalm 37:7a

Many of us are in a "waiting" phase of our lives right now. Everything seems to be frozen in time, as plans are cancelled and we struggle to find a new normal.

This verse, then, is quite the encouragement.  It is teaching me that I can use this time to be still.  I can still my body, and my mind.  I can still my anxiety and come into the presence of God.  Now, instead of my own actions, I will have to trust in God, and wait for Him to act!

Our camp theme this year is going to be, "Be Still and Know that I am God." Now is the perfect time to practice that, as we hope and pray that camp will still happen.  But, above all, we know that we can trust the Lord, whatever the outcome.

I'm adding some camp pictures to the blog today, to remind us to pray for camp this year.

 Pray that all of us can be still in the presence of the Lord, as we place our trust in Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment